Personal items, just like cars, need to be prepared for resale
- Wipe down the soles of shoes with a wet cloth and wait for them to dry out before taking pictures
- If possible, carefully wash the shoes (white sneakers for example)
- If the shoes are made of suede, clean them with a special rubber brush (here's a hack: after cleaning, spray them with water-repellent spray and they'll look as good as new)
- Wash and iron clothes before taking pictures. If you notice any stains you will need to mention them but they might wash out!
- Clothes that need to be dry cleaned should be dry cleaned
Try to put yourself in the buyer's shoes. You'd prefer getting something clean (and people are much more eager to buy something if they see was well maintained)